Mental Health Organizations and Websites
A list of mental health organizations and websites: click here.
Articles & Videos
- Teens share their stories through video on teenmentalhealth.org: Click here.
- Teens share their (written) stories on the website Young Minds: Click here.
- What is depression? (1 minute, animated video): Click here.
- Behaviors that promote working in the service of others: Click here.
- Mayim Bialik on being stigma free (30 second video): Click here.
- What if people treated physical illness like mental illness: Click here.
Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation. -Audre Lorde
Self-care is doing the things needed in order to stay mentally healthy throughout life. This can include exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, eating properly, allowing time for yourself, etc. These things become a lifestyle. Self-care is important for everyone. For a person with a mental health condition straying from good self-care may mean symptoms of their condition become more present. Practicing good self-care can keep symptoms at bay.
Self-care is not selfish. It is not only important to you, but to everyone around you and will have an impact on relationships.
You can't pour from an empty cup.